Social media and messengers are now cornerstones of modern communication. And as such, they are also immensely rich open sources that carry a huge amount of significance for the OSINT analyst. But while these platforms offer various opportunities as research resources, they also come with their own challenges.
This webinar dives into some fundamental techniques for elevating investigations. We’ll be exploring the most effective methods for extracting and analyzing data from two essential and rich data sources—social media and messenger platforms. So, join us on October 11, at 1 pm UTC, for the free webinar: Elevating OSINT with Social Media and Messengers.
Part One: Gary Ruddell
- Background. Learn about some of the major challenges in cybersecurity and how they can be addressed with OSINT.
- Key OSINT Techniques for Social Media. Discover techniques for identifying connections between individuals and groups on networking platforms and building a full digital footprint around a given subject.
- Key OSINT Techniques for Messengers. See how to probe popular messaging apps for valuable insights and supplement findings with social media analysis to map out ties between individuals and groups.
Part Two: Ivan Kravtsov
- Deanonymization and Facial Recognition. Learn how to deanonymize users through social media data, facial recognition tools, and metadata analysis.
- Case Studies. A showcase of various successful OSINT investigations across social networks and messengers.
- Q&A. Your chance to ask any questions you have about conducting investigations with open data.